Quick-install, self-contained 4 inch speaker with full-frequency response for music and excellent intelligibility for speech installs in drywall, wood, tile or almost any ceiling thickness up to 2.125 in.
- Driver: 4 in. dual cone driver with high-frequency whizzer cone
- Transformer: 16W. Tap selector switch behind grille for 25V, 70V, 100V or 8ohm bypass.
- Enclosure: Zinc-plated steel back-can with reversible mounting dogs. Ported enclosure is tuned for extended low frequency response.
- Grille: Press-fit grille with scrim and pull-tool
- Mounting Aids: Support rails, C-ring, template, paint guard
- Connections: Removable (four-pin) Phoenix-style connector with two terminals for input to speaker and two parallel terminals for output to next speaker in string.
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
- UL 1480 fifth edition general signaling (USA)
- UL 2043 suitable for use in return air plenum space
- CSA C22.2 No. 205-M1983 general signaling (Canada)
- Pro sound
The loudspeaker system shall be Lowell model ES-4T. It shall include a high-performance 4 in. dual cone loudspeaker, ported bass reflex enclosure and press-fit grille for recessed ceiling installation. The frequency response shall be 108Hz-20kHz ±6dB. The sensitivity for the system shall be 85.7dB log average @1W/1M over the frequency response range, measured in half-space. The speaker shall be constructed of a polypropylene cone with rubber surround and a PEI whizzer cone. The magnet weight shall be a minimum of 7.35 oz. (208.4g) and the voice coil diameter shall be 0.8 in. (20.38mm). The transformer shall have primary taps for 100V (16, 8, 4, 2 watt); 70V (16, 8, 4, 2, 1 watt); and 25V (2, 1, .5, .25, .13 watt) with a selector switch mounted on the front under the grille that will include an 8 ohm transformer bypass position. The enclosure shall be 20 gauge zinc-plated drawn steel with internal volume of 113 cu.in. It shall have a seismic-restraint ring tie-point on the rear for use where required by code or ordinance. It shall feature four dog-mount ears that allow it to be mounted in a ceiling with a maximum thickness of 2.125 in. (54mm). A template shall be provided to assist in cutting mounting holes. A rear access cable or flexible conduit entrance strain relief shall be provided with a termination cavity that encloses a four-pin Phoenix-style connector. The connector shall include two terminals for input to the speaker and two parallel terminals for output to the next speaker in the string. The system shall include a C-ring for use in reinforcing the edge of drywall ceiling cutouts, or for use with the included support rails to guard against ceiling tile sag from speaker weight. The unit shall also include a press-fit, fine mesh steel grille with white finish and a grille pull tool.